Friday, April 23, 2010

Weekend Video: Gorillaz (Feat Bobby Womack, Mick Jones, Paul Simonon): Stylo

I generally hate fake bands but I actually like Gorillaz. I really do but my bias against electronic music makes them very difficult to get into. The original video for the song "Stylo" is pretty cool but I just don't like the sound of computerized instruments. I guess that's why the version they played last night on "The Colbert Report" is far superior. Live instruments just sound better and that's a fact. While it's too bad Mos Def wasn't there but Bobby Womack still has the goods. Add in Mick Jones and Paul Simonon of The Clash and you're gonna win my heart. Anyway here's the aforementioned video.


The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Gorillaz - Stylo
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorFox News

No comments:

Post a Comment