Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mid-Week Video: Elvis Costello and the Attractions - I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down

I watched an episode of Spectacle: Elvis Costello With... Smokey Robinson last night (it's a great show for music fans and the first season is on Netflix streaming). At one point Elvis and Smokey both mentioned how neither one can dance. For proof of that fact Elvis showed clips of this 1980 video for Elvis and the Attractions cover of Sam and Dave's "I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down" taken from the album Get Happy!! (great album and the song is vastly different from the Sam and Dave version). I've heard the album many times but had never seen the video. After watching it I know why. I'm not exactly a great dancer but the level of dancing ineptitude on display here is amazing. I'm sure it was done at least partly tongue-in-cheek and the results are fantastic. Pure awesomeness.





No comments:

Post a Comment