Monday, February 14, 2011

Red Hill: Blu-ray (2010)


I was going to write this review about 5 days ago and I got lazy and didn't. I knew I had some good stuff to put down and now I've forgotten it all. That means this will be short and sweet.

Red Hill is a highly enjoyable Australian western. You should watch it. It's really good entertainment. Jason from True Blood (who I had no idea was an Aussie) is in it. The villain doesn't speak a word the entire film and with his half burnt face he imposes a pretty menacing figure. The plot is a pretty standard revenge tale with a few twists and turns and most of the characters aren't really developed much (if at all) but those flaws are easily overlooked. Red Hill features some great visuals, the acting is passable and overall it's just a good time.

The blu-ray is very good as well. The picture quality isn't reference grade but for a low budget film it is excellent. The audio track is full of surround usage, proper dialogue placement and strong low end.

Red Hill isn't a overly original western or do much that hasn't been done before but it's a really good movie nonetheless. Don't let the fact that I half-assed this review make you think it's not worth your time because it most certainly is.

Ratings

Movie: 4/5
Blu-ray: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment