Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Superchunk Week Video: Tuesday Edition - "Precision Auto"

This week will be known as "Superchunk Week" here at Shaft Went To Africa, I Went To Perkins.. There's no real reason for it besides the fact that their newest album, Majesty Shredding, was my favorite album of 2010 and because I watched a bunch of their videos last weekend and wanted to share them here. I'll be posting a different video each day in chronological order from oldest to newest. Hopefully it will show the different sides of this great band and if it turns even one more person into a fan it will be well worth the small amount of time I've spent.

Today's video, "Precision Auto," comes from 1993's On the Mouth and is one of Superchunk's more punk influenced songs. While this was a pretty common thing on their first few albums On the Mouth did try to expand on that sound. I like the video too but there's not much to say about it besides "it's cool."



No comments:

Post a Comment