Sunday, July 5, 2009

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Blu-ray (2001)

I watched the first Harry Potter movie when it first came out on DVD. I thought it fucking sucked. I hated every minute of it, I was bored stiff. I'm not sure what made me decide to revisit the series but here we are. After watching it again on blu-ray I enjoyed the movie 100 times more than I did before, with that being said I still did not get into it much. For some reason I've never been a fan of child actors and that holds true in this as well. When the movie relies solely on the kids I lose interest. There's nothing wrong with anything, the subject matter just does not appeal to me. I'm going to try to keep watching the series as I understand it gets significantly better.

The blu-ray is also very average as well the picture is pretty soft for a relatively new title with not a lot of detail. It's again not bad but I've come to expect more from high profiles titles like this. The audio is a little better with some good surround activity but it still lacks punch and weight in the action scenes and there's not much in the way of ambiance.

Rating
Movie 2.5/5
Blu-ray 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment